WORKFORCE & LABOR RIGHTS
EnerSys, and its global subsidiaries (collectively, “EnerSys”, “Company”, “we” or “us”) values our employees. The continued advancement of our business depends on every employee around the globe. We are committed to maintaining safe and inclusive workplaces that are based on recognized human rights, where all employees are valued and encouraged to be their best.
This Policy demonstrates our efforts toward managing our workplace and workforce in an open, respectful, and dignified manner and it aligns to the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, is inclusive of all rights outlined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights to the extent those rights apply to business operations, and respects the labor rights enshrined in the International Labor Organization (ILO) conventions. This Policy should be read in conjunction with our Safety and Health Policy and our Corporate Social Responsibility and Human Rights Policy both of which can be found on our website at www.enersys.com, under the Sustainability link.
We undertake the following:
- To act in full compliance with the laws and regulations of the regions where we operate, with integrity and good governance, promoting respect and decent labor practices;
- To respect the guidelines contained in the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and the applicable rights set forth in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights;
- To affirm support for the principles of the ILO conventions, including CO87 and CO98;
- To prohibit the use of all forms of forced labor and ensure that employees work of their own free will and are free to leave the Company upon reasonable notice;
- To respect the right of all workers to form multi-stakeholder and other collaborative initiatives for the protection of their interests;
- To adhere to minimum age laws and regulations, and prohibit the hiring of individuals that are under 18 years of age for positions in which hazardous work is required;
- To ensure a fair wage for all employees that complies with all applicable wage laws of the country where they are employed;
- To maintain workplaces that are free from discrimination or physical or verbal harassment on the basis of race, sex, gender identity or gender expression, color, national or social origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, political opinion or any other status protected by applicable law;
- To give priority to the safety, health and welfare of our employees, ensuring the development of appropriate management systems of occupational safety and health; and
- To engage with local stakeholders in the community to ensure that we are listening to, learning from and taking into account their views as we conduct our business.
It is the responsibility of our management to implement this Policy and to communicate the Policy to our employees, suppliers and customers. We monitor employee satisfaction and engagement on at least an annual basis as part of our commitment to this Policy and good business practices.
EnerSys strives to ensure that employees are aware of our policies through training and encourages them to report any potential violations. Employees who have questions or have concerns about the location where he or she works, should be encouraged to contact their supervisor, a member of the Human Resources department, or a member of the Legal Department.
Employees may also anonymously report their concerns by calling or e-mailing the EnerSys Ethics hotline (applicable country phone numbers and e-mail address are found in Attachment A to the EnerSys Code of Business Conduct and Ethics).
The Company reserves the right to amend this Policy at any time. Nothing in this Policy says or implies that a contract exists between the Company and its employees or that participation in this program is a guarantee of continued employment with the Company.
David M. Shaffer
President and CEO